Feb 17, 2013

Planning for Spring!

I am definitely not a winter person, never have been, never will. It almost feels as if I spend the whole winter just waiting for spring to come. In the warm weather more often than not, you will find me outside engaging in a plethora of activities on my property. I am quite motivated for this spring and have a lot of things that I want to accomplish before falls comes to an end.

List of things that I want to do:
  • Make a honey bee swarm trap and hopefully get some free honeybees!
  • Build 2 more top bar hives
  • Make a few cages so the birds stop eating all of my strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!
  • Build a fence for goats
  • Build small barn to house goats and potentially horses
  • Get a couple, good quality Nigerian Dwarf goats for milking

I also just ordered 6 trees, including 2 apples from The Arbor Day Foundation. This is a great way to get trees at low cost since they will take a few years to mature. I ended up purchasing a membership for $10 and saved $17 on the order. Because I went with the membership I got to pick a set assortment of 10 trees for joining (I went with the autumn classic collection) as well as red maple bonus for my extended order. Oyy, it's going to be a busy, busy spring!!