May 23, 2012

My First Scarf

It took quite awhile, but I finished my first foray into knitting!
The finished product ended up being almost 8 ft long - it's what the bf requested! It's pretty wide too.

It's a farrow rib stitch. Two skeins of Lion Brand Edwardian Yarn were used. If you haven't knit before, I wouldn't recommend this yarn type. It can be hard to see the stitches, can get fuzzy, squeaky and just be uncooperative in general. I've started working on my second scarf with a smoother type of yarn and it's much easier. I will use the Homespun again though, as it is super soft, warm, and pretty.

Cast on with multiples of 3+1, mine was 28 stitches wide.

Row 1 (RS): k2, *p1, k2; repeat from * until the last stitch, k1.
Row 2: *p1, k2; repeat from * until end.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have the length you want.