May 29, 2011

In Depth Review of Willis Orchards with Pictures Pt 2

Part One of In Depth Review

Once the weather began warming up, I started checking to see if there was any growth on my Willis Orchards plants.

As of May 29, 2011:

  • 1 Collins Select Pawpaw Tree, 1-2'
    • No growth

  • 2 Eastern Seedling Pawpaw Trees, 1-2'  
    • Both have little leaves!



*A couple weeks ago I did a scratch test on the 2nd pawpaw tree I have pictured. It wasn't showing any growth at all, I figured it was dead. So I did a scratch test on the tree that had leaves already. The scratched bark was noticeably green. When I did it on the 2nd one, it looked obviously dead and brown. But, last week I found some leaves growing towards the bottom of the tree. Therefore, even if you think it may be dead, give it a couple more weeks.
  • 1 Blueberry Grape, 2 yr old vine
    • Doing well

  • 2 White Walnut Trees, 1-2' 
    • Both are doing wonderfully

  • 1 Pinot Gris Wine Grape Vine, 2 yr old 
    •  Has leaves, slow going

  • 1 Indian Summer Red Raspberry Plant, 2 yr old    
    • Doing great

  • 1 Thompson Bunch Grape Vine, 2 yr old
    • No Growth

And yes, I know I need to do some mulching, shame on me! 

So far, I am satisfied with my order. Considering the very low prices on most of the plants. 2 out of the 9 plants I ordered look toast, which I believe is not bad. Willis Orchards states on its website that returns totaling less than $17.50 will receive credit towards my next order. My two plants that don't have any growth, only come out to $14.