Dec 13, 2010

Intro

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself to you guys. My name is Robyn. I live in SW VA, in the currently cold, freezing, snowy, mountains. This will be the second winter in my house. I'm in the process of putting in a wood stove. Can't wait till its finished and I can warm my footsies in front of it! I'll have a post about the installation process on here later.

My sister calls me a tree hugger. My mom calls me a hippie. I prefer environmentally friendly and down to earth :-) I recycle, have my own garden. Soon I will be heating my home with a very efficient wood stove. I would like to reduce my consumption of commercial food and products as much as possible. Started building a chicken coop in the fall.. didn't finish it, but that's the first thing on my to-do list for the spring. Also planning on getting some milking goats in the summer as well.

What this blog will be about: General everyday living on 5 acres out in the country, learning and sharing all sorts of things such as: canning, gardening, farming, and efficiency. I love photography too, so I'll probably share a lot of my photos here as well. Let me know what you think!

My first garden, this past spring